Thursday, July 31, 2008

We're Home!

This is on the way from the airport to the house in Austin
Aunt Emily with the Ben and Sam on the little train
Sweet Uncle David getting to know Sweet Violet

So, we're home from our trip to Texas.  We were there almost a whole week (early Tuesday to late Monday)  and spent the majority of our time in Austin, and just a couple days in New Braunfels, but we went to Schlitterbahn and and saw a movie and did some really great visiting, and of course, the wedding was beautiful and perfect.  We had a fabulous time, everyone was so great, the big boys (Karl's brothers) pretty much took care of the little boys (mine) so now my little ones have new idols.  They pretty much played video games the whole time, but it was my vacation too and if that's what it took to get some R&R then so be it!  Catherine and Al had this great big time share house that we stayed in.  It had two very large master bedrooms and another really big bedroom, all three had their own bathrooms (ours and Catherine's had great big garden tubs with jets in them) and the kitchen was phenomenal! All of the kids did great on the flights there and back, although I have to say that nonstop is WAY better than having to transfer flights!  We also visited my cousin Becca and her husband Joel, we went to their ward on Sunday and then they were so kind to invite us over for dinner and some visiting.  I hope we didn't ruin anything while we were there, the boys were a bit rambunctious while we were there, probably from too many video games and not enough playing, but over-all it was a  nice visit.  They are really a lot of fun, I wish we lived closer. I guess the one thing I wish I had done while we were there was take more pictures!  I was pretty busy taking care of Violet, or visiting, or helping with the wedding preparations that I totally forgot to take pictures while we were there.  I'm sure some one else did, but I'll just have to wait for them to give me some.  It was really nice to just get away for awhile, I wish we could do it more often!  

1 comment:

joelandbecca said...

Just want you to know I am totally seriously loving the colonizing idea! We are on about a two year plan here, but I loved that. And Joel liked the idea too! (that is rare) So sorry I gave your kids so much candy! I was worried about that all Sunday night! Sorry!