Sunday, April 27, 2008

I'm lonely!

Karl's out of town with work for the next week so I'm all alone (except that I'm not really alone)! Church went surprisingly well though, I was able to feed Violet right before we left so I didn't have to leave during sacrament meeting.  I did however have to feed her during primary, but all I missed was head, shoulders, knees,and toes which is fine a cappella.  Violet doesn't really like sitting in her car-seat when we're not actually driving, so I bought this really cute moses basket at a thrift store for only $10 (they were asking for $20 but I had Karl ask for 10 and they went for it) and used it next to the piano so she could see me.  It worked out pretty well, she would start to fuss if I didn't look at her for about thirty  seconds to a minute, but would stop every time I looked at her and smiled, so I did!  She eventually just fell asleep.  She's such a good baby.  Later, I was playing with her and she grabbed onto my finger and put it in her mouth for the first time.  I thought this was really smart because she just discovered her own hands orally last week.  The boys were really well behaved during church as well.  I think they're finally getting the concept of a bribe, something we've just started doing.  I told them that if they were good I'd make them cookies after dinner, and the were, so I did.  Anyway,  that's all for today, I've sort of decided that because it's easier to type than write that this is going to be kind of a journal for me.  I've always struggled with journal writing, but this is pretty easy. 


1 comment:

Jessica said...

Violet is so cute! You deserve an easy baby! I love your family pics! You have such a beautiful family and you look amazing as always! Love you and YES if NKOTB come to San Diego we are SO GOING!