Friday, April 25, 2008

I hate vaccinations!

So, Violet got her first shots on Tuesday.  She did wonderfully, she barely cried with the first one, but the second one must have stung because she got all red in the face and baby screamed, but she only cried for about fifteen to twenty seconds and then calmed down.  It was later that she was really affected, but as long as I held her, which I did, she was just fine.  I pretty much just put her down for practically the first time in three days this morning.  She's in the swing.  I love her so much, she's such an angel.  Oh, and the doctor confirmed that she really is a perfect baby.  She's 10lbs 10oz and 22 inches long which puts her in the 50th percentile which means she's exactly as big as she's supposed to be, not too big, not too small, just perfect.  And she's doing just as well as far as holding her head up and smiling and cooing goes.
Joe and Ben and Sam are all doing pretty well.  They've really been testing their boundaries though, Sam especially. They sure do love their sister though.  But the number one thing Joe and Ben love is Super Mario Brothers.  They have even gone as far as renaming themselves Mario (Joe) and Luigi (Ben), and they call Sam Toadstool.  Ben even insisted to his new primary teacher that his name is not Ben, it's Luigi!  Oh, and during family prayer last week one of the twins said,"please bless Mommy and Daddy, and Joe, and Ben, and Violet, and J (our exchange student) and Toadstool." They didn't even skip a beat, and nobody started laughing or anything, which was even more surprising to me.  They call their cousin Alexis Princess Peach and every day they want to go to Peach's house because "duty calls" and they need to go and save her.
On the naughty side, this morning I went to watch the new Lost that recorded on our DVR, and somebody (namely Joe) had accidently erased ALL of my recorded shows, about fifty hours of programs I'd been saving or hadn't had time to watch yet!  They only thing left was Finding Nemo.  The only reason this really sucks to me is that Karl is going out of town for an entire week, will be home next weekend, and then gone again for five more days, so I was planning on filling my hard to sleep nights with TV.  Oh well.  

No comments: