Tuesday, June 17, 2008

What a Good Week!






So last week was pretty jam packed!  Karl's bio-mom and family came from Texas for a visit and we had a blast!  We pretty much just hung out, took a trip to the beach and to Green Valley Falls, nothing too fancy or anything, just enjoyed each other's company.  All the kids stayed at our place, and the big boys brought their Wii to show the little boys, which was way too cool.  I'm really looking forward to our trip to Austin in July for Katie's wedding now, I can't wait to see them all again. (By the way Rebecca, if you read this, we're coming to  you're neck of the woods in mid-July, so plan on a schlittlerbahn trip, or a least a visit from the Clingers!)  Oh, we also had a birthday party for Sam (4th) combined with a surprise party for Karl's graduation!  It was really fun, Sam got tons of Spiderman stuff (perfect since he is Spiderman), he got so overwhelmed by presents he had to take a break and just play with the stuff he'd already opened and come back later.  Sweet little Violet is getting so big so fast.  I started giving her some rice cereal at the very beginning of the month, and she liked it okay, but last week I gave her some mashed banana and she loved it!  She ate about two inches of mashed banana and didn't spit any of it out!  She's also pinching with her thumb and forefinger already, not actually picking things up with them yet, but still, pretty good for a four month old.  Anyway, Sam wants me to help him with his parachuting G.I. Joe, so I'd better go!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Sounds like a fun week. See you in a couple weeks. We'll be down for the 4th of July! See you then.

joelandbecca said...

I am so glad I popped over! Let us know when you are here...I am so excited! Can't wait to see all of you! (A lot of exclamation points is the only way to show my excitement)!!!!