Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Time Flies!

In one week and one day Violet will be five months old!  I can't believe it!  She's getting so big (I'm staying so big...) I don't want her to grow up!  Everyone's doing great, the boys are continuing to be fabulous big brothers, they love to make their sister laugh, Ben's particularly good at it.  He's still got that undying ability to be super repetitive, which is turning out to be a great entertainment factor for the baby.  Before I forget, I want to write about something that happened right after Violet was born.  She was at the most a week old, probably less, and I was laying on my bed with her and she was sleeping.  Sam came in with a sword and imaginary coat of armor and shield and announced,"I am a knight!" (You have to imagine it in his high, breathy little voice though so it's more like "Hi am a knight!")  Of course I responded in disbelief, "You are a knight!?!"  "Yes,  Hi am a knight, and baby Violet is a printheth!"  I have to paraphrase now, but he proceeded to weave a tale right there in front of me about how Violet was a princess in a cage, guarded by a huge purpled dragon and that he, Sammy the knight had to save her.  He acted it all out, fighting the dragon, slaying the dragon, and then running to unlock the cage that held the princess Violet.  He then carried her to safety (pretend carried) and they lived happily ever after.  It was so cute, and so imaginative.  I've always known he had the best imagination of all three of the boys, but that was such a glimpse of what I know goes on inside that head of his all day long.   I guess it's just that this was the first time he'd communicated so well what he's been thinking for so long.  It was so sweet.  I hope he never loses it. Oh, and one more thing before I have to run, I was looking through some old photo albums, and Violet looks a lot more like Joe and Ben than I had thought.  She has a dimple like Sam, and a couple of things like Karl, but she definitely looks a lot like the twins.  I'll have to scan some of the pictures I was looking at and post them.  Gotta go now!

No comments: